Saturday, October 22, 2005

foody-food

I'm in one of those food phases again, where I frequently eat the same things from different establishments. Over the summer, I ate quesadillas, then a few weeks ago, I enjoyed Tu Lan's imperial rolls over rice noodles. The past week and a half, I ate lots of "Loco Moco," a specialty Hawaiian dish. The Loco Moco essentially has two hamburger patties topped with two eggs sunny-side up or over easy, and doused with gravy, served with macaroni salad and rice. It's probably one of the unhealthiest dishes out there, well it does have a lot of protein, so it's good for something. But not good if you're watching your weight. It's just so hard to resist the deliciousness of the macaroni and gravy-soaked rice.

Sakomi and I ate at Ono Hawaiian BBW last week and then this Thursday for lunch. I of course got the LM. They serve their LM on top of a bed of cabbage, I guess for a healthier balance.

Later that night, KuyaJC wanted company for dinner, so he picked me up and asked what I wanted to eat, so I said, LM! The was already around 9pm, so we figured that Hawaiian Drive-In or L & L already shut down for the night. He then mentioned that the 88 Rice Bowl by the movie theater served Hawaiian BBQ. After seeing and believing that they did serve Hawaiian instead of Chinese food, I finally believe KuyaJC.

I don't recommend 88 Rice Bowl LocoMoco. The burger patties tasted like "cow." The macaroni salad was ok. However, we did get a free voucher for one scoop of ice cream at Cold Stone next door. And KuyaJC helped me with some ideas for my next design project.

Anyhoo, to help me get over the disappointment and erase the memory of the last LM from Rice Bowl, I took three of my classmates to Ono during our lunchbreak and made sure to order the LM one last time. Yummy!

2 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are going to die from gravy overdose.

 
At 10/24/2005 5:46 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

yikes, don't say thatch, but for lunch today (Monday), since my fridge is basically empty, I decided to get my final LocoMoco, since I didn't know what else to eat. It was my "swan song." lol. and oh, I finally got my Social Security issues cleared up. so that's one benefit of getting hawaiian today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home