Saturday, October 15, 2005

list me!

Things that happened this week, in no particular order:

1. Wanted to make my declaration about how much I hate my Graphic Design III class.

2. My bedtimes this week: Monday 4am, Tuesday 7am, Wednesday 3am, Thursday 2am.

3. I'm soooo glad to finish with that damn book project for GD III.

4. Printed my book at KuyaJC's (JMarq) because he has a color laser printer. Unfortunately, I wound up doing double work because I had to convert my Illustrator files to pdf's and some problems occured.

5. It was still real good to feel the camaraderie that develops when "struggling" students get together in the middle of the night to finish, or work on projects due either the next day or in that week.

6. Hung out with Tonny Friday night. He just had foot surgery on Monday, so I wanted to visit and see how he's doing. Apparently all the meds he's taking for the pain totally relaxes him, as he's not so uptight like when he's in class.

7. My stress level on Monday felt so overwhelming, I thought I could explode big time. The stress came from work work work, and school school school, in particular, the damn book project.

8. Fortunately, Ashley treated me to a Chinese lunch buffet on Monday at the Jade Dragon, where the food is so unhealthy with mega MSG and grease. He made fun at the establishment and the food, while I got seconds. I felt a lot of the stress released as I couldn't stop laughing when we saw the woman keeping an eye on the buffet brought out a dish of chow mein and a dish of vegetables that she stack right on top of the chow mein. I mean the bottom of the top dish rested on the chow mein, I mean how "clean" was the bottom of that dish?

9. Sakomi and I ate at Ono Hawaiian food place on Tuesday in the Sloat Center. The loco moco burgers were huge and the macaroni salad was dee-lish.

10. Missed two days of work when I called in sick because I got sick from all the late nights. My body just broke down, again.

11. I made all parts of my damn book myself, except for the wire-o binding. I should've mentioned that to the class when I presented it on Friday. Maybe that would've given me more brownie points.

12. Got all excited to see Bjork's video for "Pagan Poetry" when I "borrowed" her greatest hits DVD from Tonny. Unfortunately, that video contained some pretty gross imagery re: body piercings and the process/act of piercing skin. Yuck. I don't know if I can listen to the song with "innocence" ever again.

13. Bought the movie soundtrack for "Rent" at Tower Records on Market on Friday night. Apparently there's eight different kinds of cover sleeves, each one with a picture of one of the main characters, but they only had about five of the covers. They didn't have the one with Idina Menzel or Rosario Dawson, so with my limited choice, I picked the one with Jesse L. Martin (he was the only cast member missing when Roomie and I went to see the original cast on Broadway in 1997--amazing show!).

14. Hung out with Andalu while at Tower. Good to see him.

15. I really hope these all-nighters keep happening. I'm gonna totally get bags under my eyes, then I'll really look my age, or even older.

Ahhh, that was soo good to get that off my chest. Hey, it's 1:36am, maybe tonight's the earliest I'll get my zzz's.

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 6:25 PM, Blogger Jason said...

hey sir, i noticed how much you mentioned GD3 hahaha...i feel the same way...A NEW TORTURE HAS BEGAN...Good luck to us and to all who's gonna be affected by this monstrous event hahaha..

one thing's for sure: java. a whole lot of it. See you in class Paul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home