Sunday, October 09, 2005

i left my heart...

In San Francisco's Harding Park.

So I'm watching some of the golf coverage on tv and caught several commentaries about how 100% of the players love this course, or how great SF is as a host, blase blase. So now I'm impressed by all the hoopla. And I even see good ol' ParkMerced in the background on some of the footage.

(A few years ago, I thought SF was a loser town, because within a couple of weeks, we lost the national bid to host the 2012 Olympics to NYC, and then the Giants lost the World Series because in my mind, Russ Ortiz sabotaged one of the games...letting the other team hit all his pitches)

It's kinda strange though, some parts of the course look a little "ghetto" with brown patches, overgrown grass on the "green;" you can definitely tell that it's a public golf course versus a private country club one. It also seems like this course goes on forever and ever on tv. It looks real small whenever I pass by it.

It all makes sense now, this event was the reason for all that road construction a few months back, causing lots of traffic nightmares on Lake Merced Blvd., to make the surrounding area look pretty for tv.

Oh haha, I guess the overgrown grass is called the "rough" and they're there for a reason; Tiger just hit his ball into the "rough." Hey, I said I don't follow golf.

3 Comments:

At 10/11/2005 3:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I have fun writing it. I also appreciate the link from your blog!

 
At 10/11/2005 10:10 PM, Blogger Lena said...

You always seem to have so much fun in SF. I've never even been to the west coast. Watching paint dry is more fun than watching golf. Maybe if they got sweaty and did it with their shirts off it would be more interesting...Though, all golfers don't seem to have nice bodies...go figure

 
At 10/15/2005 1:42 AM, Blogger It's just me said...

It's funny that you mention golfer's bodies...because I think Tiger works out. He wears the baggy clothes, but when the winds pushed his shirt against his arms and chesteses, you can kinda see some muscles.

And if you do come to SF, I can serve as your tour guide!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home