Thursday, October 06, 2005

golf, anyone?

Even though I'm not a golf fan by any means, hell I don't even know what a tee really is, I'm kinda stoked that the American Express Championship is held right at SFSU's backyard, Harding Park Golf Course by Lake Merced.

I mean some big names like Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Fred Couples (and those are the only ones I've heard of) are playing in this golf course that I thought was only for amateurs. I've never stepped foot inside the course, but who knew the venue could host a big event like this? Well certainly not I.

I also think it's cool that their trophy is made out of Waterford Wedgwood pottery. I mean Wedgwood was big part of our history class earlier in the semester.

4 Comments:

At 10/06/2005 4:10 PM, Blogger Lena said...

So are you going to take in any of the tournament?? I have an unrelated question...but I'm scared to ask. It's about a quasi-celebrity that goes to your school. I'm too ashamed to ask though. Take care!Lol...

 
At 10/06/2005 5:46 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

No, not really a golf person, and it'd be scandalous if my boss saw me out there in the course.

Hmmm, I think I know who you're too scared to ask about...but I heard there's a dude named Stephen from a show on MTV called "Laguna Beach" that goes here, or something like that. He's considered a quasi-celeb, right? I don't know what he looks like though.

 
At 10/06/2005 9:52 PM, Blogger Lena said...

How on earth did you know I was going to ask that??? lol...

 
At 10/08/2005 11:39 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

it seems like everyone else knew about it but me, but news travels fast in our office (i also work at the university).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home