Saturday, October 08, 2005

sign on the x

Ok, so I finally created a MySpace account a couple days ago, to add to my Friendster one that I created maybe a month or two ago. Friends kept telling me to join such "networking" sites, so I did, even though I wouldn't join otherwise. I also signed up on "DL." I feel like I always see kids on those sites; I mean I feel old when I check out other people's profiles. It's kinda weird because it's just like me going to a party or a club in real life and feeling uncomfortable in a large crowd, that's how I feel sometimes when I go on to these sites. It's mostly people ten years younger than me; it's a totally different crowd.

It also seems like there's always a popularity contest going on by rounding up as many "friends" you can. I know I'll lose on that one. I hardly even check the Friendster account. I don't have time to chase around people. My profiles hardly contain any insightful info, just the basics. But to satisfy friends' requests or recommendations I'm now hooked up.

Oh yeah, I'm even on one called BlackPeopleMeet.com, go figure ;-)

3 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are not alone!!! i look older than i really am and am scared people are thinking "she's too old to be here." and "why is she listening to that? it's too young for her. she needs to get a life."

 
At 10/09/2005 2:08 AM, Blogger Des said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/09/2005 11:17 AM, Blogger Mur said...

I know what you mean. My neice and nephew are all over myspace. I haven't ventured there at all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home