Monday, October 17, 2005

the eg and the ac

Left for Elk Grove much later than I thought on Saturday. Pastris called me at around 10 or 11am waking me up and announcing that it's a beautiful day and to take advantage of it. I relaxed throughout the day, thinking to myself that the traffic on 80 probably crawled in the hotspots by the time I pass through them, so a little anticipation/expectation prepared me well for the long commute.

Surprisingly, the only slow part I encountered was the approach to the Bay Bridge because of a couple of closed on-ramps. I made a stop in American Canyon to see my parents, but they went to a housewarming in Turlock, and Drug and those guys went to a picnic.

The drive to Elk Grove also was faster than I expected, and I did not complain one bit. I hadn't seen Roomie in two weeks, so we spent some Quality Time, catching up on things. I showed him my box project and explained my book project. I caught up with the track and field meets that I missed last month, and did five loads of laundry! Roomie and I sang duets on karaoke and of course we competed on who got the higher scores. I felt so rusty since I hadn't sung in a while (because of homework).

Started my morning late, big shocker! Met up with Pastris at the same Starbucks and also showed her my last two projects. We also had some internet fun: looking at people's profiles on select "people-people services." Good to catch up on things.

After lunch back home with Roomie, I headed back to the AC to finally give my nephew his birthday gift after a two week delay. And as usual, at my parents' I pigged out, because that's what happens when you go home to your parents', right? We watched the first season of "In Living Color" on DVD before, during, and after dinner.

This weekend certainly was a very welcome break from the insanity school and work put me through these past weeks. I felt no guilt that I didn't start on my next project yet, but actually, now that it's back to the grind, I feel the guilt. I'm behind on the darn project already, wwaaaaaaaa.

1 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 10:52 PM, Blogger Lena said...

I'm glad you got a chance to relax. I know how stressful school can be. Quit procrastinating though! Sh*t catches up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home