Monday, September 26, 2005

so did i drop the class?

The answer: No. I knew in the back of my head that dropping it now would mean headaches down the line. Last week I had moments of weird anxiety-like "attacks," but they resulted from the lack of sleep and clouded my judgement, I guess. I mean, all week long I just wanted to sleep all my problems away, and not deal with the stresses of work and school.

I asked the other students I know how to drop a class, and the process is actually very simple, just like when you first register for classes online. I also called other folks to hear their version of why I should not drop the class. Roomie, supportive in many of my personal decisions, said that I should do what I really felt was best for me, but all along I knew what he meant: "Sure drop it now, but I know it's gonna bite you hard in the ass later on, and I won't hear the end of your complaining about a wrong decision, blase blase."

My classmate Jems actually bluntly told me not to drop it. He asked why, I told him why, but he still persisted that I just suck it up. I love the energy of those 22 year-olds; they fear nothing and they're not yet jaded. I thank him for making me feel some shame in even thinking about quitting.

So later that evening, our group presented the life and times of Emile Galle, Art Nouveau's premier glassmaker. I couldn't contain my nervousness in front of 75 classmates and my hands shook when I spoke, and it shook the notes I held and read from...it makes me laugh when I think about it. Anyway, our midterm is this Wednesday, hooray for not dropping the class ;-)

2 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 7:58 AM, Blogger Lena said...

That's good that you didn't drop it. It's really tempting to drop a class when it seems like it might be hard. Especially when you still have time to without getting penalized lol...I've been tempted on many occasions. Glad you decided to just suck it up and pull thru. Good luck!

 
At 9/27/2005 11:46 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

Thank you, I do need all the luck in order to survive this semester ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home