Friday, September 09, 2005

sleep, an update

I don't know whether my sage cleansings worked because I finally gave in to sleeping with earplugs again, a little after the sage cleansings. I started sleeping with earplugs way back in 1997 when Roomie and I first got together, because he snores and I'm quite sensitive to light and noise when I sleep. (So yeah, even though my brother-in-law said that I snore violently, other folks snoring or teeth grinding really wake me up.) For eight years I slept with plugged ears, until Roomie moved to Elk Grove, and I took over the master bedroom in Parkmerced. The location of our second apartment in Parkmerced allowed for a very quiet and peaceful living situation because it was one of those that didn't face the street, but rather tucked away at the end of a big courtyard.

Roomie took the tv from master bedroom there, and our neighbors hardly made a peep, so my slumbers didn't need any earplugs. I so miss the quiet nights, without any electical appliances disturbing me. Now I get the computer, tv, microwave, and fridge bombarding me with their electrical energy all the time.

The small kids next door still run and scream down the hallway at 6:30 every morning to wake me up prematurely, and if the earplugs don't come off during my slumber, I can go back to sleep right away.

I also succumbed to sleeping on my side; I noticed that by doing so, I can get to sleep faster versus by sleeping on my back. The only problem with sleeping on my side is that my shoulder and hip hurts, especially my left side. I dream of sleeping on a TempurPedic mattress, just to see if it really does make you feel like you're sleeping on a cloud. Oh well, I can just dream for now, that's if I can sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home