Saturday, September 10, 2005

tu lan

Sakomi and I planned to go run errands in downtown today, specifically to obtain materials for my design project. The day started auspiciously when the mail lady delivered a portion of the books I ordered through Amazon last weekend. I'm usually never home when deliveries come. Then Lennoire called me to say that she's in the city for a hair appointment, so we made tentative plans for her to join Sakomi and I for lunch at Tu Lan, the greasy hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese restaurant at Sixth and Market, you know, in the Hood.

For two weeks now I craved the "imperial rolls over rice noodles" dish, ever since Roomie and I took a drive around the city after watching "Fire and Ice." So finally the chance to roll downtown presented itself, and it's the perfect time to finally fulfill my craving. I could've gone at any other times prior, but with the price of gas so high now along with the attention my projects demand of me, I didn't want to take a joy ride up there just for food.

So the food did its job in satisfying my craving, then Lennoire went back to Walnut Creek and Sakomi and I went to work. First stop, a discount fabric store in SOMA's outlet district, where we ran into Kris Braun, who Roomie and I also ran into during "Fire and Ice." It's funny that he shows up when my craving for a Tu Lan dish started and now when it ended. After the fabric store, we drop him off at Pine/Kearny when Sakomi and I headed to Staples on Van Ness for iron-on transparencies and magnets.

My day with Sakomi capped off with an Oreo Cookie Blast (the perfect dessert!) at the Japantown Denny's.

1 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely day. thanks for the introduction to the one and only tu lan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home