Tuesday, September 20, 2005

fun lunch

Wednesday is Babysoto's last day at work, so I came up with the genius idea of Bancy and me to take him out for lunch. Last week, Bancy suggested drinks after work, but I knew I couldn't make it because of homework, schoolwork, groupwork, whatever you wanna call the ball and chain that is school. I also didn't hear anything about a work send-off for him, so the lunch idea seemed perfect, and thank goodness both Babysoto and Bancy agreed to the deal; they also expressed flexibility in their schedule to do lunch either today or Wednesday. It turned out Sakomi and Babysoto made lunch plans already, so the situation looked better and better. The best part: Babysoto said we didn't need to pay for his lunch. Believe me, I know it sounds real cheap, but for us cash-challenged folks (me and Bance), that's music to our ears.

I suggested Cafe Durango, but Bancy screamed "NNNOOOOOOOOOO" over the phone, which made me laugh, actually. And Babysoto wanted Celia's. Whatever to both of them.

We drove off the parking lot as the dark and stormy clouds loomed above, and Sakomi called asking where we were because she apparently got really cold waiting outside. Babysoto used to own motorcycles, and he very recently got a car after selling his bikes. Judging from the way he drove that car, he probably thought he still drove a motorcycle. I mean Bancy and I held on for dear life in the backseat. Thank goodness I sat in the back because I probably may have busted someone's eardrums from all the screaming brought on by his "crazy" driving. Oh, and he had the nerve to call me a backseat driver! I only meant to instruct him on a better way to get to the restaurant. A lot of people call me a backseat driver, but I'm just a misunderstood good navigator ;-)

Celia's ain't no Cafe Durango, but I did get really full from eating a fajita quesadilla. It looked small in the beginning, but I started feeling full after the first third of it. Perhaps I ate more chips than normal. Fun times during our meal, except when the subject of someone poisoning someone's dog came up...that bummed us out. But then the thunder started and got everyone excited again. Haven't heard thunder in a long while. The drive back to the office was a little wetter, and a little more exciting, because Babysoto's driving mixed with a wet road makes your hair stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home