Wednesday, May 10, 2006

good is good

My love/hate relationship with Sheryl Crow continues. For a long time she was on my good side, but when her first album came out back in the mid 90's, I didn't care much for her. I thought she was all fluff, and I also read an article about her ex-boyfriend and how he died and how she took all the credit for coming up with that first album. So that was sour.

1996 comes along and I hear this song on the radio, "If It Makes You Happy," which I thought was really annoying. Come to find out the reason it annoyed me so: Sheryl Crow sang it. But somehow, that song grew on me. I eventualy bought that whole CD.

The next couple of years, around the turn of the millenium, we were on good terms.

Things went sour again when she dissed Britney Spears, but while she dissed Britney for showing too much skin, Sheryl also showed some skin on some magazine spreads, so I was like, what a hypocritical bitch! At this same time, that other annoying song "Soak Up The Sun" came out. I didn't buy the catchiness of that one, it sounded way too fluffy for me.

"The First Cut is the Deepest" also didn't cut it with me. Too sappy.

Fast forward to nowish, and for some reason, "Soak Up the Sun" started to grow on me as well. I love the bass for that song. It kept playing in my head until I finally "acquired" it about two weeks ago and it replays in my iPod. "Good is Good" is pretty good too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home