Wednesday, April 26, 2006

phew

Yesterday my printer was on the fritz, but today, it's working ok. I did a couple of test prints and no paper jams. What a relief since I really can't afford to purchase a new one anyway.

Yesterday, Roomie's berfday gift to me, a Tivo, arrived via UPS. I actually bought it through costco.com because they offered a huge mail-in rebate of $150 from the original price of $209. The package's original delivery date was on Monday, but I already went to class before UPS arrived. Luckily, the driver came back on Tuesday before I left.

I do have beef with the UPS because their business model suits other businessess better than home deliveries. I mean, for example, what's the point of ordering something online and getting the package delivered to your home via a service that only comes during their business hours? Most people work and are away from home, so you either have to redirect the pacakge so you can pick it up at one of the UPS hubs, which is usually located in some obscure area miles from where you live, or have it shipped to another location. In my case, my parents' home in the AC which I only get to visit a few times a month. That's why i almost never ever order stuff online. I like to get my shit right then and there. I don't have the patience to wait and pay extra for shipping.

1 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

I agree 100%. Someone is going to make a million dollars doing evening deliveries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home