Wednesday, May 17, 2006

aawwwwww

My Holistic Health: Tradition Chinese Medicine class just ended earlier this evening. Three group presentations highlighted the last class; we took our final last week. Our group presented on Feng Shui.

We took a different route with the presentation. Rather than just reading off information and showing powerpoint slides, one of the members thought of presenting how Feng Shui works through informative skits. This was the best idea that we came up with.

Now ever since the group project was assigned back in early February, I dreaded the presentation part of the class. I loved everything else about the class and learned a great deal about this "branch" of holistic health. The teacher's pretty charismatic and makes the information that much more interesting.

So today was THE day for us to go up in front of class and do our thing. Was I in a funk all day, dreading this presentation. Luckily, I did cardio with the elliptical machine (finally made us of the 24 Hour membership) right after I woke up, and that really helped to release some funky energy.

Met with my group at 3pm, and they later told me that my face looked like all the world around me had fallen apart...the nervousness and tension was very evident. Forgetting my lines scared me the most. That's all my fault though, I really didn't study my lines or my cues that much. And after a few run-throughs, we realized that we could ad-lib a little bit, but stay on the storyline.

Showtime and we had the audience laughing, crying, saying that it was better than "Cats." Well, only the first was true. Most of the class enjoyed the skits. Broadway here I come!

Another group ended the class by performing a beautiful Japanese Tea Ceremony. They had the entire class exit the room, and we came back inside with relaxing music, sandalwood incense, candles, and tea on our desks. It was the perfect way to balance out the letdown I felt that "it's all over," and the perfect way to end the class in general. The energy was amazing; it really felt like we left the physical world outside of class and entered the spiritual inside. Thank you to my groupmates and to the class. AWESOME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home