Tuesday, March 07, 2006

meditation

My two Holistic Health classes in Eastern Perspectives and Traditional Chinese Medicine encourage practicing meditation on a daily basis. I'm not disciplined enough to practice everyday, and I'm certainly not flexible enough.

The hardest thing physically is to sit in full lotus position. My body just wasn't made with the right parts/nuts and bolts to enable me to do this. The best I can do is "half" lotus, and this strains my back just to hold it. Oh well, my cousin said that a little pain is good, since experiencing the pain helps you to not fall asleep while meditating, or something like that. I hope I can achieve this position some day soon, and my instructor says that if you can sit like this, it makes for better sex as it makes your hip flexors more flexible.

1 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger laragitara said...

go easy on yourself. meditation is not something we encourage in western society, so it will take a while to quiet and empty your mind.

i also find that being comfortable is more important. it's hard to relax and meditate when all you can think of is how cramped you feel. find a comfortable position, sitting, even laying down. if you fall asleep, it's ok, your body is telling you something.

LG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home