Sunday, April 09, 2006

vacation, a week ago

It was the first time in a long time that Roomie and I vacationed together. Road trip from Elk Grove to SoCal on the 5:

1. My first ever experience with cruise control; makes a world of difference when the road is long with not much turns in between. Cruise control saves your feet, legs and knees from gas pedal fatigue, so you feel much more relaxed and refreshed when you arrive at your destination!

2. Watched Leila perform a "practice" acoustic session at Borders in Glendale. Awesome, she sounds even better live.

3. An old nemesis resurfaces. Who knew he was here in America, I thought he was stuck on the other side of the world! Good thing he hasn't aged that well. Punk ass.

4. I adore cute and talented children.

5. Not much into shopping these days. The trip to the Cabazon outlets only cost Godiva chocolates to give away. Roomie scored better with a couple of shirts and a bow-tie for an event.

6. The new "Pink Panther" wasn't as torturous to watch as I thought. Good thing we saw it for free thanks to downloading from the internet.

7. It really does feel weird when someone you love or someone close is suffering from the horrible side effects of chemotherapy.

8. I couldn't say no, it was just impossible to say no to Roomie as he dragged me to my former nemesis's home because he threw a party. Fortunately, the guests were entertaining.

9. Seeing my nephew in the hospital in pain because of hunger and fatigue because they kept postponing his surgery broke my heart.

10. Toll roads in Orange County totally rock! They should make some of those for up here in the Bay Area, but yeah, that might suck for the environment. But then again, I would totally pay to drive up to the AC or the EG. I can only dream.

11. Roomie wanted to go to Newport Beach's Fashion Island. At a gallery, I fell head over heels with this:
It's called "Claude's Exercise in Color Theory" by Mark Kostabi.

12. Again, toll roads rock.

13. Staying up real late with my niece and her bf until 5:30am the "night" before driving back north probably wasn't a good idea, but it was worth it.

14. Driving the seven hours back because of rain when you're tired from staying up until 5:30am sucks because all these emotions demand your attention and devour lots of good energy. I missed my family terribly on the drive back, and I came to the realization that vacations come and go so fast when it's really super good, and that I had to come back to reality with working on school projects during spring break, and what a bummer that is. Time just flew!

1 Comments:

At 9/16/2010 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi-I have Kostabi's Claude's Exercise in Color Theory for sale. I used to work for the gallery. If interested, email me at heresmycontactinfo@gmail.com.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home