Friday, March 10, 2006

hail mary

Lunched at another great Thai restaurant called Osha with Desss, who I haven't seen in at least three years. We debated on and on about when the actual last encounter was, but at the food was so dee-lish. She warned me that the skys would splash down today. Thank goodness it didn't happen when I met her downtown, because I forgot my umbrella.

Fast forward seven hours later, the lightning and thunder caused a stir in the quiet study area of the library on campus because some girl peeked out the window and said something. I had my earphones on, so I didn't hear what she said.

When I left the library shortly afterwards, I witnessed what all the fuss was about. The ground was covered with hella hail! I don't think I've seen that much hail before. It was fun walking on the stuff. Cars got covered, it was like a winter wonderland. Angel had her share; I thought most of it would've melted by the time I got home, but I guess the 10 minute drive and the heat of the car in the still freezing air. This winter certainly played some weird tricks, first the temperatures were in the high 60's and low 70's in January, now this.

One more exciting thing; this week's been amazing!

1 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sky is falling i tell ya. . . lunch again soon?
p.s. the anonymous comment about burning stuff was me. sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home