Sunday, December 04, 2005

the village

The morning started with me allotting a few hours to finally watch the DVD of M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village." I figured watching it in the daytime would lessen the fear factor. I did scream embarrassingly at one point, mostly because of surprise at that one scary part.

Some folks said the movie has a freaky ending, but I felt a little let down at the end. I thought "freaky" meant something a little more spectacular. I did love the romantic element of the movie, especially with the whole hand-holding aspect. Those two actors made it so believable.

The powerful quality of the ensemble impressed me very much, I mean as one of the associate producers said, they cast Tony and Academy Award nominees and winners in the film.

It's sorta strange though, anytime I watch a movie in the middle of the day, I feel like my day's over, because of the emotional journey some films take me through. I'm spent! But I'm glad I finally watched it.

2 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 9:54 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Is the a Joaquin Phoenix film fest?

I liked The Village, but I figured out the secret in the first ten minutes.

 
At 12/06/2005 12:39 AM, Blogger It's just me said...

Go Joaquin Go!

I figured out the secret right before they revealed it, ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home