Friday, December 02, 2005

something's gonna give

So Roomie finally called and now I'm a lot more calm, but still terribly bummed and down.

Roomie said the offer to live "discounted rent" in Elk Grove still stands, but my proposal to take one semester off before transferring to Sacramento State and the possibility of not working didn't fly. He said I just can't sit in the house all day long, I either had to find a job or go to school.

Another option presented to me was to live in his house in Oakland with his mother and brother, also "discounted rent," if I wanted to stay at San Francisco State. Transferring to Sac State's design program isn't the better solution because it's impacted and I'd need a kick-ass portfolio for consideration into the program. The other thing about Sac State is that my classes from SF won't transfer over, I'd need to basically start over; that's what one of their department reps told me.

If I chose either place, I'd need to find me a part-time job, an internship, a student assistant job, or anything to help me pay off my scum-sucking pig credit card bills and daily expenses. Then I'll truly live the life of a starving student. Who knew? And another part of a deal is that I'd need to finish off school in one year.

So now I must make a huge decision this weekend, for I cannot stand to stay and work where I am now anymore. Stick it to the MAN! Or in my case, those power-bitches who run our department.

1 Comments:

At 12/03/2005 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, kuya. sounds like a hard and a rock place---i mean, the other way around! has Linda even bothered to learn anyone's history? like, how your title doesn't reflect the work that's shoveled onto you?? it's so unfair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home