Thursday, November 24, 2005

hey thanks!

Thanksgiving Day started off pretty nicely. First thing I did; I went out to my little patio and soaked in a November morning...finally! The clouds scattered across the sky, just blocking enough of the sun so everything turned a little gray, and the air filled nicely with a slight chill. A nice and lazy morning, Roomie stayed overnight and I played the CD of the broadway version of "Rent." Season of love indeed. I also played a video tape with "Drawn Together" in it and Roomie actually watched it with interest and laughed too!

We planned to lunch together, but we went on a driving rampage to several low-key joints, but all the places we wanted to go to closed for the holiday. We wound up at Todai, the buffet place in Daly City. I really don't like the food there, because it seems like the main spices they use are tons and tons of salt and some ammonia.

Roomie left for Oakland, and I went back to the apartment to get ready to drive up to American Canyon. I fell asleep for 90 minutes, so my travel up north got delayed.

My bro and his family from Seattle came down, and my sis from Arizona arrives on Friday. We ate lots of good food, we got stuffed...no Tofurky this year. We had so much fun hanging out together again. The musicians of the family played music and sang together, my niece and I had a drawing session.

Now it's raining, and that rain smell fills the air. I could sniff that all night. It's now cozy, I feel warm inside.

1 Comments:

At 11/25/2005 7:39 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

Making music and drawing and having fun? Can I join your family?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home