Saturday, December 03, 2005

painting the town

I needed to satisfy a couple of write-ups of design exhibits or lectures for both my classes; one for extra credit, the other a requirement. So I headed downtown via BART (I knew driving downtown in the middle of the holiday shopping mess would get crazy).

Had such a fun time. After visiting my first gallery on Sutter St., I headed down Powell to visit my friend who works at H&M. On my way down, I saw one of those street performers who dress up head-to-toe in either silver or gold. This one reminded me of a C3-PO/stormtrooper/Princess Leia all in one.


I encountered great difficulty finding my friend at H&M, as a mass of shoppers flooded the floors, and none of the employees there didn't know who she was; I asked about six people that work there before someone finally knew who she was and which section she works in. I bought two pairs of trunks or I think they're boxer briefs.

I got camera crazy the rest of the time:


Roomie met up with me at the SFMOMA:



Roomie then went on to hook up with friends for dinner and I went home. On the way, I found out about this new alley between the Marriott and St. Patrick's on Mission Street that ended up to Market Street. I haven't been to these parts in a long time, so I was surprised.


I got home really hungry so I munched on some Trader Joe's chips and Tiramisu Gelato that I just discovered last night. Talk about heaven in your mouth, this one tastes like it too. YUMMM-EEEEE!

4 Comments:

At 12/03/2005 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, what was h&m like? reasonably priced, good-looking stuff?

i considered going today since i had time to kill and i was at embarcadero...but i knew the stupid touristy shoppers would aggravate me.

 
At 12/03/2005 11:59 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

h&m had both a velvet rope and bouncer. well the "rope" was like those found in airport ticket booth lines, and the bouncer was merely a security guard. i didn't shop too much because i looked for u-know-who for a while, and had to rush off to sfmoma before they closed.

the place was packed, and it seems like they stuffed the place with so much merchandise that sometimes it was hard to get around.

 
At 12/04/2005 1:11 PM, Blogger Jason said...

H&M is crazy and dude i exactly know what boxer briefs you're talking about hahha...hope you didn't get the one with the superman emblem hahaha. thanks for reminding me about those write ups...darn we had to do 2. good stuff though. where can i get that tiramisu gelato? sounds sinful...

 
At 12/05/2005 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

about those boxer briefs...... you'll get them next week.. had some probs.. but you will get a larger discount. weeee. oh and dude who knew me isnt giliginich.. hes from laos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home