Monday, November 28, 2005

dottie's

For brunch on Sunday, my friends Stiv and Chie-chie wanted to eat at Dottie's True Blue Cafe on Jones and O'Farrell. Thank goodness Stiv lives two blocks up, so they stood in line for I believe 45 minutes while Roomie and I drove separately to meet them there. Stiv actually was one of my first roommates when I first moved to the city way back in '95 in the same apartment where he lives now.

As usual, many folks stood in line for a while because it's a real small place. It always seems like the smallest joints are the most popular ones. I made sure that while we stood in line no birds pooped on us. Thanks to Ted Green for the warning. Several diners kept saying that the wait's well worth it.

This was our table, so it's a real conversation piece while you wait for the waitperson or for your food. It's a super charming place. Like Ted Green says, the food is fresh and delicious. There's a certain excitement and energy in the air, that kinda makes you feel real comfortable. Seems like everyone that eats there feels that they're eating in a real special place, kinda like Mama's in North Beach.

And this was the table next to us, freshly vacated by previous diners and quickly taken over by more hungry mouths. The woman looks like Marlene Dietrich, or is that Greta Garbo?

I remember mentioning the restaurant to Stiv many years ago, and that I "introduced" him to it, but I don't recall ever eating there, but if I dig enough, I feel like I can come up with some memory of eating there. I don't remember the tables or the interesting chandelier.

2 Comments:

At 11/29/2005 6:52 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

Nice pics, Giliginich #3.

 
At 12/01/2005 11:52 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

thanks kurt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home