Thursday, December 01, 2005

rain bowls

I'm fascinated by rain again, that's because we finally got some real rain, not the fake rain, or tease rain, the light drizzle that blows all over the place when even a little wind hits it. That kind of rain defeats the purpose of the unbrella because it's light enough that it also falls up under the umbrella.

Today, we got served with several bouts of manly-man rain. It was like the clouds just dumped buckets of water. That's the kind of rain that you just want to play in.

**********
Bancy asked me to accompany her to a crafts fair up campus during lunch today, but she had to tend to her funky boyfriend instead and stood me up. I thought the fair was a good place to grab a birthday present for a friend. With that in mind, I was even more bummed out because I decided to just go home and eat because my funds are low again, so home food was the definite cheaper alternative.

Turns out that later in the afternoon, I had to take some documents up campus to HR, so on the way back, I managed to sneak some time in to check out the fair. I quickly scanned the booths and vendors for any gift ideas, when suddenly a table full of bright and beautifully colorful, hand-made bowls from Turkey shouted my name. The vendor also was pure eye candy, so I decided to admire the bowls a lot closer.

Talk about total impulsive buying, and throw in the fact that I'm a bowl whore, I knew that I'd end up with at least one, but deciding on which color to pick proved very very difficult. I wound up with an orange one, and got a smaller blue one as the gift.

I couldn't wait to head back to work and rub the irony - of her begging me to go with her to this fair and it turning out she couldn't go, but instead I went by myself and got some goodies - in Bancy's face. Oh sweet irony.

2 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 7:22 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm a bowl whore too!! I just got a button bowl, you should look into it.

 
At 12/03/2005 11:56 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

sg- u need a new pair of pumas or rain shoes. wet feet feel so gross, right?

s- button bowls are fascinating. i've seen several kinds thru google after u told me about them. never heard of them before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home