Saturday, November 19, 2005

we walked the line

I did it. Didn't think it would happen, but I watched my first movie in months. I asked KuyaJC if he wanted to see "Walk the Line" with me, and he agreed. We caught the 11:35pm showing at AMC Van Ness, since we couldn't catch any earlier showing because he'd come from work in Belmont.

I finally used these two 2 dollar gift certificates for AMC that slept in my wallet for oh, perhaps 5 or 7 years that I got as a gift, and in addition to our student discounts, the two tickets only cost us $12.

I guess the movie was pretty good. I'm so unfamiliar with Johnny R and June Carter Cash's music that I went in to just appreciate their story. I won't analyze the flick, but the acting was pretty good, and the actors' own singing voices were pretty good as well.

Can't wait to see M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village." I got the used DVD at a Blockbuster Video in Elk Grove two weeks ago. I liked "the Sixth Sense" and "Signs" with Joaquin Phoenix. I had no idea that Joaquin is Latino. Go Joaquin!

3 Comments:

At 11/19/2005 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked The Village but, unlike The Sixth Sense, I figured it out pretty early.

 
At 11/21/2005 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Village indeed has a freaky ending...it was good!

well, i used to think Joaquin was hot, but now that I know he's of that descent, he's not. how did you find out?

 
At 11/22/2005 4:05 PM, Blogger Lena said...

whoa...since he's Latino...he's no longer hot or am I misunderstanding your comment?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home