Tuesday, December 06, 2005

i left my gateau in san francisco

So it looks like i'll move to Elk Grove and go to school at Sacramento State.

Last night, I asked for a sign to help me make up my mind as to what direction I should take my life, due to the urgency of my situation at work: how I hate working there; it's distracting to my studies; the people I work with suck; and all the other ek-ek.

Scenario A) I asked, if someone gave me a rosary - I originally asked for applie pie, for A, but the rosary is a more obscure item - I would work part-time (I needed to ask permission first) at my current hated job, go to school full time, take out a loan to help pay for things, and "Special Someone" would help with the loose ends.

Scenario B) I asked, if someone gave me a Balloon, I would quit my job and find another part-time job, go to school full-time, take out a loan, etc.

Scenario C) I asked, if someone gave me a Cake, I would move to Elk Grove, study at Sac State, find some part-time job, live with "SS," rent free, who would also help with tuition. I guess I'd still get a loan just in case.

So after work tonight, I met up with a few folks from my history class for a study group. One of the girls took out around eight plastic sandwich bags with red stuff inside. I thought it was red clay for a project, it turns out she brough velvet CAKE! I thought, hmmm, this is interesting, what's she gonna do with all that cake? I didn't want to assume that she brought it to give to us, but another girl confirmed that she did bring it to give to us.

So there's my sign...amazing.

I don't mind giving up my job, but people will think I'm crazy to give up pretty good CSU benefits: health insurance, free tuition (but it's difficult to take advantage of it because most of my classes are in the daytime and they give you such a hard time for skipping out on work in the middle of the day, and now look at me doing both work and school and going extremely crazy), and I'm one year away from fully vesting that would give me a good pension when I retire. I'm giving up so much.

I'll miss SFSU terribly, I'll miss SF terribly, I'll miss my friends terribly, I'll miss my program terribly, and I'll miss living alone and being king of my own castle terribly.

I'll basically start over at Sac State because they're design program is impacted. But I guess you gotta do what...

I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.
***************************
Roomie stayed at the Hyatt Embarcadero because he and some colleagues attended a conference, so I went to visit. The hotel hung lights for Christmas; I was mesmerized.

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 3:34 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Kudos on making a decision. That's the hardest part for me.

 
At 12/06/2005 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will miss you like there is no tomorrow. and it will inspire me to speed my search up as well.

i, too, LOVED those lights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home