Wednesday, November 02, 2005

psa

My computer at work crashed late last night. It's a Dell, and I searched in vain to find a reset button, because you know, that fixes everything, right? Well there's no reset button on the computer, so I just pressed down on the power button for a few seconds and that seemed to start it up again.

The problem was that when it started, Windows wouldn't load, it'd go back to the very beginning of booting up. This cycle went on for a half hour late last night. Luckily, it was the last half hour of my work day. Fast forward to this morning, and I push the on/off button, and the same thing happens. I start to panic a little bit because what if all my data got lost? So I called the school help desk, our resident I.T., and another colleague upstairs who volunteered to tinker with it...but not until two nights later. He did seem to know what he's talking about, so that gave me some slight relief.

So now I can't really function because all my work's on that computer, and thank goodness I brought my personal laptop for class tonight, so that's what I'm using now.

Anyhoo, let me just say this: Back up your sh!t as often as you can because you never know when sh!t that happened to me can happen to you. I always thought, nah that won't happen to me, but it just did.

Message brought to you by: "The More You Know," or if you watch "Drawn Together" it would say, "What You Already Know."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home