Monday, November 07, 2005

gimme some sAshi

Drove up to Elk Grove late Saturday afternoon, almost dusk. I kept an eye on the traffic situatioin through sfgate, and I waited until the hotspots cleared. I left my place at around 4:50pm and got to EG two hours later. While waiting for traffic to clear, I fell asleep, then Ashley's phone call woke me up. The sleep helped to clear off my bad mood from earlier. And talking with Ash even for just a few helped to cheer me up as well.

Roomie took me out to a Japanese restaurant in EG called Satori (I think that's the name). I told him of my wariness about stripmall restaurants. I said that I prefer those hole-in-the-wall dives in old neighborhoods like TuLan on Market/6th, El Farolito in the Mission, even Eric's in Noe Valley. I really didn't crave anything particular when Roomie asked what I wanted to eat, so I let him decide because he was hungry and the Chef Boyardee mini ravioli still stuck in my stomach. The burps I expelled on my drive up burned my throat, yuck.

At Satori, the pleasant surprises that my mouth experienced threw me off guard. I ordered Sesame Chicken and Mixed Tempura dinner combo, and some kind of Crunch Roll sushi. I can't eat the "real" sushi with raw meat that connoisseurs enjoy, so our sushi was filled with shrimp tempura and some avocado. Anyway, it was so delicious!

The service at the place was fast real friendly too. I actually craved more the next day, for brunch, but they didn't open until 4pm or so. Oh well, maybe next time.

2 Comments:

At 11/07/2005 10:22 AM, Blogger Anastasia B. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/07/2005 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep an eye on the burning burps...sounds like acid reflux! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home