Friday, November 18, 2005

it's over. it's over! ...it's over

After Wednesday night's class, with the super help of Design Substance, I worked on the final push to finish my infographic poster. By 6:30am, I felt like I did all I could do at the point where the damn thing had to get to print. I put in all the required elements, even though it's not the best refined piece, "stick a fork in me, I'm done."

6:30am, set the alarm for 8am, just take a 90-minute nap, enough time to pass one polyphasic sleep cycle. In mid-sleep, I hear my cell phone ring, it's Sakomi, flipped open the phone, and the clock read 12:15pm. Long story short, I missed the whole morning of work. I called in to say that I'm on my way...well after lunching with Sakomi. But then I needed to drop off my poster file at the printers, but everyone says they'll have it ready for me by Friday night, or Friday noon. Hello, class starts at 11am, and the instructor sent everyone a very threatening email saying she'll lock you out if you arrive later than 11:15.

I scramble; I visit and call several print places like Copy Edge, Kinko's, Copy Central, BPS, but all say they can't print out my poster by later that same evening, all said they have a 24 hour turnaround, and some even closed by the time I got to their door. I also call several classmates to help me figure out a solution and find a place where I might print.

Went to BPS last, even though they said they don't allow rush orders anymore. Luckily, a very nice girl named Denise worked the counter and asked one of the printers if they could help me out. I did my best to put on a sad puppy face, sprinkled with desperation and urgency. Swoosh, she answered back that they'll squeeze my work in. So a few hours later, I picked up the trouble-maker poster.

Had some slight mounting issues, and during the crit I got mixed feedback. Some people liked it, others hated it. Whatever! I'm just so glad that that 5-week project nightmare from hell is finally DONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home