Tuesday, September 27, 2005

como yo te amo

I laid down to sleep close to 1am last night. About two minutes later, with my eyes closed, concentrating about falling asleep and vowing to take control of my dreams (lucid dreaming), the familiar ringtone of Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You" melodiously summoned me to pick up the phone; I set that ringtone for Jems.

J: "Hello, I need your help with Flash, I'm desperate, everyone else is sleeping already."
Me: "Oh ok."

Who knew that I'd stay awake for two more hours and finally get some shut eye at around 3:15am? This is why I hate Flash, and judging from Jems' reaction to our convo and his admission, that he hates it also.

It's amazing how much energy I had in me that late, maybe my body's getting used to staying up super late nowadays, but towards the end, I started thinking that today probably already was "lost." I knew I'd struggle with my energy, I knew I'd act like Mr. Crankypants. I kept thinking, he better be so nice to me and realize the sacrifice I made. Am I too nice to him, my fellow struggling classmate, or too stupid to look after my own well-being?

I hear my alarm go off through my earplugs, and I reach out blindly to push the snooze button and fall back asleep quickly. The cycle goes on the whole two hours plus since the alarm starts beeping. When the sound of the alarm plays in your "dream," it sounds so different, unfamiliar, the buzzing seems to go at a faster pace.

The silver lining in all of this: I vaguely hear my doorbell. Half asleep, I venture downstairs to find out if indeed someone rung me up. It's amazing I made my way down to the front door or our building since my movements consisted of sloth-like sluggishness.

I asked the man in the brown uniform: "Did you ring 102?" He said yes and handed me that electronic tablet to sign my name in acceptance of my parcel. I couldn't believe that the item that I "won" on ebay (I skipped past the bidding process and just did the "Buy It Now" option) arrived so quickly, since I made the payment only on Friday. The item: "Yuridia, La Voz De Un Angel," a combination of CD and DVD with all her performances from her stint at "La Academia," the Mexican version of American Idol/Big Brother. Was this my reward for staying up so late and helping out a poor desperate soul, that I'd miss work in the morning and catch the UPS delivery man? I do have bad luck with UPS, I mean why do they deliver at times when everyone's at work?

Anyway, my excitement woke me up a bit, and I promptly inserted the DVD in the player. The quality of the picture surprised me, I thought the video footage of Yuridia from "La Academia" was that of an amateur recording from the analog tv to their digital machine...I mean maybe that is how they made the DVD, especially with the technical advances nowadays, anyone can appear like a pro. It seemed like a real DVD. I finally got to watch her sing "Como Yo Te Amo," "Asi Fue," and many more songs I missed because I started watching the show midway through the season. I hope I don't abuse and take my time away from homework watching this DVD...we'll see.

And oh yeah, I've learned my lesson well...I'll make sure to turn off my phone before going to bed and maybe on the weekends too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home