Monday, August 29, 2005

don't know why...just because

It's 7pm and I'm still at work because I go to school on Fridays from 11am-6pm with an hour-long lunch break. I must make up some hours by working several nine hour days during the week. Well technically now I'm off the clock, and am using my laptop to post this and I'm actually not in my building anymore. Yeah, that's right, I'm writing this post at the school library, wink wink (People magazine article on fired bloggers).

I planned on jogging after work, but my stomach's given me such problems since yesterday afternoon when I ate whatever I could find in my empty refrigerator and "pantry." I convinced myself of going to Trader Joe's because it's gnocchi day on Monday, that's what you eat on the 29th of every month, according to a Brazilian tradition. I felt like splurging on junk food, that's what you eat when you're broke/poor, right? I got a bag of popcorn, tortilla chips, cranberry/blueberry/mango bran muffins (they taste amazingly good), gnocchi, and marinara sauce.

As soon as I get home, I open up the bag of chips and scarf down a few, excuse me, almost half the bag with leftover mango salsa and some other salsa with corn. After that, I also take "bites" from the muffins and also, half a bag of the popcorn. (Earlier in the day, I ate somewhat expired Filipino packaged desserts: fried bananas with that glazed/caramelized sauce, and otap) Almost immediately, I feel the wrath of my stomach, starting off with some "careless whispers" all night, and today, poor me suffered a great deal.

After all that, it was really lucky that Bancy, Sakomi and I ate lunch at Nordie's Cafe. Bancy and I carried some issues with us on the way to lunch, but the delicious food helped us to forget that she suffered major crankiness, and that I suffered from my stomach issues. My stomach and me "quarrel" all the time. I'm glad we pulled together because Sakomi's last day at the office approaches quickly: Wednesday.

So I'll bypass the jogging today, and concentrate on making myself better. Plus I'm really not feeling it right now.

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 12:41 PM, Blogger Mur said...

I saw that article in People too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home