Tuesday, August 30, 2005

love is everything

I'm in a weird mood this morning...stressed out, then I listened to a song and it took me away.

One of the songs that Ellen Greene sang during Fire & Ice on Saturday night was a song called "Love is Everything," written and originally sung by Jane Siberry. A skater used the song to skate to; the last number of the evening. I heard k.d. lang's version last year when Bancy let me borrow a teaser cd of k.d.'s album. The teaser featured two songs, "Love is Everything," and "After the Gold Rush," by Neil Young. I liked both songs, especially the former. Even though I like the song, I'd only listen to it when my iPod cycles back to it. Hearing Ellen's version during the show got me more interested in the song, and even more when Roomie and I listened to her cd we bought right after the show.

So move over "All These Things That I've Done," there's another song I'm in love with right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home