Saturday, August 26, 2006

mississippi marsala

The rest of my Friday went like this:

Found a packet of vegetarian chili from Trader Joe's, so ate that for lunch, then ate soy cream and rice cream for dessert.

Met up with former coworkers from SFSU at Chevy's. I only had chips and salsa and water there, because I had another engagement at Bennihana with Roomie and some of Sac State Advancement people.

I've never eaten at Bennihana. I only glance at the animated chefs and their fancy techniques on the hibachi through the Japantown mall window. Too bad I didn't catch the show because of the previous engagement, but I ate Roomie's and the Queen Bee's leftovers which were absolutely DEE-LISH! Roomie had steak, and QB had chicken. The flavorfull food I guess justified the price for each meal.

Afterwards, some of us went to Hukilau for drinks, since my intern boss joined the Sac people for dinner, and he owns Hukilau. After it was all over, I wound up finishing four drinks: two different mixed and two different shots. Even though I'm a lightweight, it didn't hit me as bad. The food I had beforehand really helped from me becoming a disaster in front of two of my former bosses.

Roomie and I came back to the Miyako where we relaxed in the suite's sauna. That helped me get to sobreity a little quicker. And, I finally finished the chicken marsala from last night. It was cold, of course, and so I couldn't taste much of the flavor anymore, or maybe it was because the alcohol probably numbed my mouth and taste buds.

Oh I hope the hangover isn't too bad in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home