Friday, August 25, 2006

i miss my marsala!

Oh woe to me. Last night, Roomie and I checked into Japantown's Miyako Hotel because his work has some kind of retreat all day today. Since staying at hotels is always fun, he invited me to hang and spend the night.

We ordered room service. I picked the chicken marsala, which was delicious. They provided two pieces of breast with tons of mushrooms, penne pasta, and veggies as sides. I ate one last night, which filled me up just fine. The other I saved for today's lunch. The junior suite we're staying in doesn't have a fridge, but I figured one day won't spoil the chicken.

I left the hotel this morning to come back to my apartment to take care of things, then hit the gym. I realized after driving home and craving the marsala (my mouth is wayyy watery for the amazing taste), that I left it in the frikkin room.

We have one more night at the hotel, but I've got two dinner engagements tonight, and who knows if the food left at the hotel will keep for one more day. Like they say, chicken is pretty sensitive like that.

Now my fridge is pretty empty, except for some Gatorade, bottled water, soy milk, and the freezer has some soy cream (ice cream for us lactose intolerants). Seems like it's off to the McDonald's two blocks away for me and their dollar menu. Sigh. (boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home