Thursday, July 13, 2006

bezu fache


I made good use of my free time before working this summer.

Roomie gave me a copy of "The Davinci Code" in late May. I didn't start reading it until the semester ended, and even then I could only afford to read a chapter a night, even though the chapters are really short.

Anyhoo, I finished the book during the Ohio trip, but I wanted to finish sooner because Dan Brown really wrote a good story, quite a riveting read! I wanted to see the movie after reading the book, combine that with genuine interest of the good story, and I devoted some time on getting through the 490 pages. I'm usually a slow reader, but I jammed through this book.

Saw the movie when I returned from Ohio, it was ok.

I picked up Dan Brown's prequel to Davinci Code, "Angels and Demons," at the Atlanta airport during a stop-over. But I felt this one lagged for about first 3/4 of the story. The longer chapters were dedicated to some real boring stuff, like how Robert Landgon is fighting to get out of some tight spots so he won't die, ek-ek like that. I prefer Davinci. Although I did finish this one up in about a week and a half. That's a major thing for me. The good thing is that the airport shop in Atlanta where I bought Angels, is that they have a program called "Read and Return." I can get a 50% refund on the book if I return it to another airport bookshop owned by the same company within six months, sweet!

Now, I'm about to start another Dan Brown novel, "Digital Fortress," which Roomie let me borrow.

1 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger bev said...

we were able to go to Paris on our 'break' during the European tour and Gary and I went to the Louvre. Funny thing is, you know that inverted pyramid? It's in the middle of a mall! Right next to Esprit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home