Monday, January 09, 2006

take the plunge

First thing I did when at work this morning: submitted my resignation. The heater in my office didn't work; big surprise, since it's the middle of winter. My nervousness and hypothermia and my boss "Linda's" rushing off to a meeting didn't allow me to relax when I had my "talk" with her. I just said something to the effect of: "I'm leaving; I'm concentrating/focusing on school." Her responses were something like: "Bummer; shoot; well I completely understand you want to pursue your studies; you've certainly made yourself indispensable; ok."

My shock I think still continues up to now. I shredded a ton of stuff, and took home some of my HTML books and knick-knacks, mementos of brighter days. My last day at the office is January 20.

I always feel weird after I resign. I don't know whether to rub it in people's faces or not say anything, or celebrate or what. All that "goodbye" attention feels foreign. Goodbyes are definitely not my forte.

During the first week after school let out, I watched "Amelie," where the ending basically said to go after your dreams. In "March of the Penguins," all the chicks naturally had to take the plunge when the time came. My time is now to take the plunge.

Now I'll look for a part time job through a temp agency. I'll finish my degree at SFSU and move to Sacramento afterwards.

"March of the Penguins" by the way is a fantastic movie. I love how cute penguins are. They're awesome. Almost every minute I watched the DVD, I kept wanting one as a pet/companion; they're so huggable and adorable. But the fascination only comes in small doses. A whole movie and special features devoted to the cute critters probably made me o.d.

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Congrats!

 
At 1/11/2006 3:51 PM, Blogger bev said...

i love March of the Penguins!! Penguins are my favorite now.

I read your post from a few days back - does skin-so-soft really work as an ant repellent? if so I'm going to have to try it.

 
At 1/11/2006 7:41 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

thanks kurt!

bev- yes, skin-so-soft is the shiznit! I use it against ants at work and at home! Not only does it repel, but it kills on contact (sad). Now I don't have anything against ants, in fact I think they're cool and some scenes from "Penguins" reminded me of ants marching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home