Saturday, August 20, 2005

the weekend so far...

I can't believe how I productive this weekend's turned out so far:

1. I ran TWO miles after work Friday night on the SFSU track. Talk about stoked, that'd be me! I didn't think I could do it so soon, with the tender left foot and all, but I "saw things," kinda like how you see things with cloud formations as I ran. On the backstraight, I always look up at one part of a branch from a tall pine tree, and on this occasion, I saw a "bear" that at first I thought laughed (at me?), but later on, its hand/paw gesture gave me like a thumbs up or something else encouraging. Pat on the back for me anyway for doing the two mile thing.

2. Although my trip to Elk Grove got delayed because Bancy, who didn't come to work Friday, did however pick up her Gwen Stefani CD that I made for her. Girlfriend had drinks at Martuni's with some people, and somehow made it over to my place. I did my best to not allow her to drive home because it seemed like she acted a little "too loose/relaxed," so my concern for her safety and those of others on HWY 280 kicked in. I made her eat a banana, I made her watch Sanya Richards run a great 48.92 seconds over 400 meters by beating Tonique Darling in the Zurich race, anything to prolong her from driving home, but she somehow convinced me that she felt ok to drive. She made it home safely.

3. I finally started my drive to Elk Grove at 10pm after packing everything that I planned to take with me. The drive went very well. The steady pace and me relaxing by singing along to songs blasting from my iPod "enhanced" the experience, especially after the bitterness of the last time I came up here. I arrived around 11:40pm and started my first of four loads of laundry, read/caught up with some other folks' blogs, and went to bed around 1am. I still felt energetic because of my high from the run earlier in the evening.

4. Got up at around 8:45am this morning, ate cereal, did more laundry, and started unpacking and rearranging my room here in EG. Accomplishing the cleanup felt sooo good. I mean I moved half of my stuff up here way back in June, when I moved the other half to Daly City, so it's been a long time coming.

5. The main reason I came up here this weekend was because Roomie hosted a small family get-together with some of his siblings and their family. In the very beginning, Roomie showed a rare side of himself upon his discovery of a faulty order from Max's Fried Chicken. First they got his order wrong, or something, then when he got home, it turned out that they didn't give enough pancit. He ordered a size for eight people, but it only could really feed one, or three, with small portions. As he left the front door, the first guests arrived, so he couldn't really leave, I mean a few months passed since they last saw each other, so he seemed like a bird without a head. I offered to order and go pick up the food, because boyfriend was all flustered. I made fun of him later on when he relaxed...it was fun!

I got buzzed from some wine; it didn't take much since I'm such a lightweight nowadays. I needed to relax for sure because I'm always tense when I hang out with his family folk. I even smoked some Newports with his bro-in-law. The merienda turned out well. The little kids entertained the adults with their cuteness.

And now, dessert time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home