Friday, August 12, 2005

tgif!

My last Intro. to CAD class for the summer session ended last night; what a relief! We did an in-class final CAD project and a few moments crept up where I thought I'd panic for sure because of the time restrictions and a classmate pointed out a couple of errors on my printout; we checked each other's work. He's a cool guy, laid back, really tall; he's from Turkmenistan. He's the first person I ever met from that country. At the beginning of the semester I asked him if he was Jakey-Jake's brother.

After class, my Roommate (who came down for a long weekend), his co-worker/friend and his partner (both also from Sacto), and I were supposed to celebrate at "Pan Dulce" at the Cafe, but I secretly just wanted to stay home, being the homebody that I am. So much to my sweet relief, Roommate said that the whole Cafe thing wasn't happening because the other two went home on their long drive, or something like that. Anyhaze, my reaction included fist pumping and "YES!'s." Couldn't really tell Roomie's reaction to my reaction. I saw some confusion, surprise, content, shock, disappointment, and relief painted on his face. Throughout the rest of the evening, and seeing how I really wanted to stay home, he jokingly kept threatening me that indeed we were going out. The joke kinda got old after a while though. But hey, I got a lot of things accomplished like: cleaning the tub, washing dishes, cutting up the watermelon and making melon balls, eating dinner, and best of all, getting to watch some of the coverage from the track and field championships!

I asked Roomie to buy me a new VCR/DVD recorder from Costco this weekend. I wonder if he will? Newer VCRS just don't last as long as the older ones. What went wrong with technology? But I'm so ready to venture on to the whole DVD recording phase, even if that technology is still somewhat new to the market, it's exciting! And a lot of my video tapes got moldy after just sitting there, especially at our old place in Parkmerced; too much cold and damp weather there.

So I now have a week and a half before fall semester starts. Things that I want to do: read "Me Talk Pretty One Day," by David Sedaris; start jogging after work; read more of Che Guevara; and hooking up with friends to play catch-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home