Tuesday, August 16, 2005

thought garbage

I'm in love with the song from The Killers called "All These Things That I've Done." There's something about the sound and the lead singer's voice that takes me to another place, just on this particular song. I'll probably get so sick of this song soon enough though, as everytime I get in the car, I play it, over and over and over. The video looks great, saw it for the first time last night; he's not wearing all that make-up.
I first heard the song late last week, and then heard it again on my iPod when Roomie and I drove to Marin Headlands on Sunday. At first I didn't know the name of the song, and I set the iPod to play all the songs in alphabetical order, so when it played, I felt such a happy surprise. I'm sure Roomie was glad that I only repeated it once, because unlike the songs from "La Academia" by Yuridia, et al., I couldn't stop playing them over and over and over.
*
Bancy forwarded me an article about a blog called "Post Secret," it's interesting how all those people all over the world "share" their secrets anonymously to the rest of the world, so they're still secrets then...some are really powerful.
*
Seems like I won't have time to finish the two books I wanted to finish before school starts: Po Bronson's "What Should I Do With My Life," and David Sedaris' "Me Talk Pretty One Day," because another part of my plan before school starts was to hook up with as many friends as I can. I got a couple of bites for folks to get together, so really, when you're a social butterfly (as if, yeah right, keep dreaming, who you foolin'?), how can you find time to read?

3 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally love the killers song too.... i like the middle part when the main singer dude and a chorus of people go "i've got soul but i'm not a soldier" lol i think you would like their song - smile like you mean it, the main singer sounds the same in that song.

 
At 8/17/2005 5:35 PM, Blogger Mur said...

i'm addicted to post secret. i have it linked to my blog. some of the secrets are just so tragic!

 
At 8/17/2005 6:08 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

hey r u guys back already? your trip sounded sooo interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home