Tuesday, August 09, 2005

competitive fire challenge

Is there a "changing of the guard" with me and my roommate? I'm talking about competitive sporting activities here. When we went bowling with my niece Saturday night, he beat me two out of three games, however, I did come out with the top score of the evening, a "modest" 120. I started the evening slow with a 62, then 120, and I can't remember the last score; it was either 92 or 103(?). I believe roommate scored above 100 on his last two games, and Nikola (my niece, formerly known as BIKI in this blog) scores got worse the last two games due to a finger injury.

Yeah, roommate rubbed his 2 out 3 wins in my face the rest of the evening, calling me Eunice Barber to his Carolina Kluft. I suffered from shock most of the time, because between the two of us, "he's the brain, and I'm the brawn." I mean he graduated MAGNA CUM LAUDE from UC BERKELEY (talk about a shout out), and you know, I can fix a flat tire and run in 5K and 10K races, and finished the 2002 Honululu Marathon, haha. Plus I'm taller, younger and more ______, really. :-0 joke lang, pare! But I think I just had an off night, and the last time I bowled was 10 years ago; also, Giliginich are known as good bowlers, and you know he's more giliginich than I am. Another factor for sure is the fact that he's gone to work out consistently while schoolwork dominates my spare time. So a rematch should happen soon, either in the bowling alley, or on the track, for a 400 meter race! It'll be a classic duel!

3 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so? you're more...what? canadian? bwahahahahaha

 
At 8/10/2005 1:26 PM, Blogger laragitara said...

duel with matching ennio morricone spaghetti western music...

 
At 8/11/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger It's just me said...

nice touch, lg, i'm also thinking of "The Grand Duel - (Parte Prima)" popularized in Kill Bill Vol. 1, used for Oren Ishii's story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home