Friday, August 05, 2005

La Camisa Negra

Because Bancy dragged me to Nordstrom Rack so she could buy some sandals or shoes during lunch today, I phone ordered food to go from Cafe Durango (top of the hill Daly City). I attempted the same thing yesterday, after my two-hour long dental visit which left me famished and extremely late going back to work. The woman who took my order said it'd take 15 minutes to prepare the food, so I cancelled my order. But when I place the same order today, she said 10 minutes, so I guess she learned her lesson about the time, and this was good for me.

When I got to Cafe Durango, the music that blared out from the speakers connected to the jukebox was a song called "La Camisa Negra." I know of the song because Edgar, one of the "alumno" sang it on La Academia. So while I waited for the server (this is the same woman that served Bancy and I back in "Spanish Fly," btw) to hand over the packed food, I nodded my head along with the infectious beat. She saw me get into the music, and then she sang along to the chorus "...Y casi pierdo hasta mi cama cama c'mon c'mon baby...". Then I asked her if she watched La Academia; she replied with yes, so I said something like: "yeah, that one guy sang this song on the show."

I told Bancy when I got back in the car that the woman "who-didn't-like-her" and I flirted. Of course her reaction was: disgust, and then pity for the server because if she did think I flirted with her, she got it all wrong ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home