Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Medea: The Musical

OMG, I'm so bummed that I missed an opportunity to watch Medea: The Musical. I saw a show flyer on the wall in Bagdad Cafe, but I totally flaked on the date. This definitely is one of my favorite shows. I remember seeing it like around five or six times back in 1996 (this was also the time when my interest in theater was on the rise) with the original cast. The songs were funny; I still sometimes sing a few lines from one song based on Bette Midler's "The Rose." In the show, I believe Phaedra sings about how "...some say lust, for teenage boys, is disgusting..." and in the end, she "dreams of Bangladesh." Geez, I'm laughing as I write about it, mainly because the woman who played that character was sooo hee-larious, indeed! Her name was Kegan Stedwell.

Oh well, maybe the show will come back again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home