Monday, August 08, 2005

monday morning thought garbage

OMG, I must apologize for any typos anyone catches, like Bancy! She's my spell checker; I mean how embarrassing!

Anyhoot, the 10th World Track and Field Championships started this weekend, and I just think it's so sad that U.S. media isn't giving it any coverage (I guess because of the steroid scandals. Whatever...hello, baseball?), but luckily there's a webcast available for the entire championships. The best coverage; it beats any kind of U.S. coverage anyway. Whatever, and no cheesy drama-queeny commentators, like Tom Hammond of NBC.

I hung out with my niece, the one visiting from Ohio. I took her to Golden Gate Bridge, and on way there, I officially "went outside ;-)" She already knew, and the news didn't faze her one bit. That was good, because things were normal. She and my roommate also met for the first time. She's a bit shy with "strangers," but after buying her shoes for her birthday in October, then bowling in Yerba Buena, and dessert at Japantown Denny's, she got more animated. She's flying back to Ohio on Wednesday, too bad I won't make it for her "despedida" Tuesday night because of class; I miss her already. She watche "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" twice this weekend.

GILIGINICH ALERT:
I had a dream, and I think it was some kind of form like "Nilado Goniabeg" (a well-known SFSU professor on Asian American Studies) who said the word "giliginich," and it shocked me because I thought, OMG, is that word well known now? I felt sad at the same time because the word is no longer low-key.

SHOUT OUTS:
To Miss Cruz, you keep on truckin, even though you're coming up to your last few weeks at SFSU.

To Ashley, for making me laugh even through all the physical pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home