Wednesday, August 24, 2005

dinner with LaraGitara

It's Wednesday morning and I'm a wee bit hung over. Totally my fault because I didn't drink enough water to counter the two glasses of white wine I drank during my visit with LG, and yah, I'm a total lightweight nowadays.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing LG and her family again; we couldn't decide when our last encounter occurred. I recall January 2004, but now that I think about it, could it be Jan. 03? Anycrane, she still looks amazing, R looks good as well, and my how her kids grew! Juju seemed to grow the most, since she's the youngest and all; I remember her as the quiet one, but her energy burst out of the seams last night, and then some.

They served salmon and beef, both delish. I brought romaine lettuce and grape tomatoes for salad, and fudge brownie for dessert. My buzz during dinner relaxed me a great deal, a good thing because I felt quite tense beforehand, since it's the first time to get together with them after a long period. I'm also glad we stayed in as my funding situation at the moment doesn't allow for eating out. LG expressed a similar situation, and I felt such a relief that I wasn't alone in this.

All in all, I really enjoyed my time with the LG's, we talked about so many things: catching up, the d word, real estate, dance, ek ek; I'm still hungover, so I can't articulate all the things I want to say.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 9:15 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

i had a fantastic time too! i just wrote a little about it, then i noticed you did the same (though your blog is more complete...)

it was great to see you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home