Tuesday, August 23, 2005

i'm crazy as is

...thanks to Ashley for letting me use that title. Ashley's known for great one-liners, so-called punchlines; yup, he makes me laugh. We chatted on the phone for about 40 minutes today...and it seemed like only five minutes, now that's what I call a good convo. And thank goodness for the coffee he drank, because we laughed it up...I'm glad Ashley's mood today allowed us to enjoy such moments. The convo consisted of some fluff, some "news" about folks, how we both don't like our job, reminiscing about fun times, and Ashley's parallel "love" life with a friend of his.
*
I drove home for lunch today and parked on the street, in front of the house next door vacated by a family about a month ago. While I parked, I noticed a rodent underneath the van parked in front of me running around in circles like a dog does when chasing its tail. The rodent caught my eye because of its unusual behaviour, and it also fell on its back after failing to climb up the slope from the street to the sidewalk. (In most of Daly City, I notice that curbs don't have a sharp edge to them, but curved edges instead)
I took a closer look at the little guy, and it didn't look like a mouse, but more like miniature guinea pig, I guess, I don't know the rodent family. All I could think of for its weird behaviour was poison/drugs. I thought about Drama Queen's Kobi getting stoned, but this little guy seemed doomed, because when I left to go back to work, it lay still hunched over on itself.
I told Bancy about it when I came back to work, and she got all upset at me because I didn't call her so she could call animal control. I hope "Hermie" survived the afternoon and is safe now, or put out of his/her misery, but not by getting run over by a car.

1 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 5:41 PM, Blogger Mur said...

awww...sad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home