Monday, August 22, 2005

more of the weekend

Sunday wound up pretty lazy compared to Saturday. Roomie and I both just lounged around through the morning, doing our own thing. I left Elk Grove at 3pm, around the time when westbound HWY 80 starts to get real nasty, as all the peepz from Tahoe and up north head back down to the Bay Area. Again, thank goodness for my iPod music to distract me from the madness of commuting. I also thought I'd get a chance to show Pastris a tape of Yuridia during the Gran Finale of "La Academia," but she went out of town and got back around the time when I left.

My sister from Arizona came this weekend to visit, so we had a gathering at my other sister's home in American Canyon...good food, and even better dessert: ice cream, cake, watermelon. I took a side trip to Costco for some gas, and found out that the new on-ramp to HWY 37 finally opened. Wow, that new freeway structure sure saves a lot of time getting around the area.

A few weeks ago, I bought a dvd set of "South Park, season 2" for $11.95 at Rasputin's. What an amazing price, right? For some weird reason, items that I buy from any Rasputin's always turns out with some weird circumstance, like I wind up not liking a cd or dvd, or this time around, the third dvd out of three discs isn't a South Park disc, but the movie "Spaceballs!" So I go to return the dvd, but they have to give me store credit and take the whole thing back, rather than just getting me the third disc from another set. So I got bummed out, because the other used South Park season 2 they have sells for over $20. So I gave up on that and am now stuck with a store credit of $12 and change because I couldn't find anything that I wanted and then the store closed for the day.

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 12:31 PM, Blogger laragitara said...

Hiya!!

I'm home today.. send me an email if we're still up for tonight... laragitara@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home