Saturday, July 30, 2005

greetings from Elk Grove

So I finally made it up to Elk Grove, a suburb south of Sacramento, where my roommate bought a house in December. I've come up here for the last four or five weekends now. Unfortunately, today's drive left me more sour than usual. Thoughts of car wear-and-tear, the super-expensive gas prices, and just the simple fact that I absolutely abhor driving on a freeway for longer than 10 minutes. How do other folks do it? Not even my dose of Origin's "Piece of Mind" rubbed strategically on my temples, forehead and nape for calming aromatherapy erased any unhappy thoughts on the seemingly endless drive. Ok, I'm a lightweight in many regards, call me a wuss; driving's not just my cup of tea.

I spent the night over in American Canyon - the "Gateway to the Napa Valley" - to visit family, so my drive today was actually shorter than usual, but that didn't change much of my mood when I arrived, unfortunately. Felt bad for my roommate because I sort of brought him down with me...my funky energy just sucked any of the goodness out from what supposedly was a happy weekly reunion, so I apologize to my roommate for that.

Anyway after dinner, my energy level came back up; he made some good barbecue chicken! I also watch an old VHS tape that contained a couple episodes of "I Married Dora." Anyone remember that show back in 1988, or '89? This tape also had Justine Bateman hosting "Saturday Night Live," spoofing "Family Ties," hee-larious! We also watched more track and field from the 2000 Olympic Trials, held in Sac State's Hornet Stadium, btw.

On a technical note, I may move this blog back to the Blogger.com server/site, so I can save more space on my own website, so hopefully that transition will happen smoothly.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you mean, you're lover?

 
At 8/04/2005 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are lover to someone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home