Sunday, February 05, 2006

electric slide

Drove up to Elk Grove because Roomie and I watched "Little Shop of Horrors" in Sacramento. I've only seen bits and pieces of the movie on tv, and I thought it was too disturbing to watch, so it took some urging (anniversary) from Roomie to finally go see the live version. I wound up enjoying the show and the great music.

After the show, we planned to go drinking with some friends, but I complained since Friday night that I'm under the weather, so during intermission, Roomie called AGJr. and cancelled the aftershow "par-tay."

No surprise that Roomie just wanted to "drive by" the area where this particular club was located, which was very close to the theater anyway. No surprise that Roomie parked the car so we could get a closer look at the establishment and just walk by to see what it's like. No surprise that Roomie "tossed a coin," so if the cover was too much, we won't go. No surprise that I convinved him that he really wanted to go in, so we did.

"Pha-chess," (my Italian pronounciation for the body area that's on the front of the head where you can locate your eyes, nose, mouth, etc.) supposedly caters to a certain group of "folks that practice an alternative lifestyle," or FTPAAL. But it felt so comfortable inside because we found all shapes, sizes, ages of FTPAAL's. Made sense because Sacramento only offers a few hangouts where FTPAALs can gather. There were cowboys, club kids, hip hop, Asian, mature, men, women, trannys, "traditional couples," every type of person under the sun.

I didn't feel 100%, but once I saw them folks start the electric slide, I dragged Roomie on to the dancefloor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home