Sunday, January 15, 2006

so far

I think I'm making somewhat good use with my vacation time from school. I mean I do cringe everytime I think about it, but at the same time I also feel super guilty that I'm not working on anything graphic related. I swear I experienced burnout in the fall. My main problem was that I forgot my purpose for going to school: to learn graphic design. Instead, I did what I swore I wouldn't do: get involved with my classmates and making friendships with them a priority rather than focusing on the projects. I mean it's important to network, especially since almost every instructor places importance on that skill. But getting caught up with other people's drama isn't really networking. I need to go back to the drawing board and figure myself out again, and hopefully emerge with renewed focus, creativity, strength and motivation.
******************

Knocked off another movie off my list, "The Turning Point," on VHS that I bought from Amazon years ago. I finally unwrapped it and forced myself to watch it as I ate brunch.
******************

Found myself in a weird mood late this afternoon. I knew that I needed to run some errands, but I dilly-dallied and felt the effects of cooped-up-in-the-apartment syndrome. While talking to Roomie on the phone, my mood changed from pleasant (as if) to agitation.

I wound up driving, just driving on a somewhat quiet road to get away. Driving just for fun in lieu of driving to a predetermined destination is ten times better, especially when the road isn't littered with many other cars.

2 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Jason said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1/15/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Jason said...

we're back in the game mr. giliginich. first of all, i would like to greet you a belated holiday and second, i miss your ass! ahhaha. I understand your guilt for not having done any graphic-related work, I complain about that everyday but we kinda needed that break, last semester's shit was hectic. Anywho, hope everything's goin well. Peace out. PS. us li'l design kids from 525 last sem need to go out again. You guys are fawesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home