Friday, June 22, 2007

more about pussy


What a relief! I caught owner of the cats as I put food on their little dish. I asked how Burlios got his leg injured and she said he got into a fight with another cat. Whew! Better that than some human kicking him. She also said he goes after German Shepherds and other dogs, like she said before.

Go get'em tiger!

A lot of times I really want to play with them, like pick them up and hold them, but Roomie and I are freaked out, especially Roomie, who suffers from bad pet allergies. Also, the fact that both Burlios and Toulouse are outdoor cats usually spells fleas. Ugh, both of them have debris stuck to their fur all the time; it's nasty, even if it's just a small dry leaf or what not. The only thing I do is pet, rub, or scratch them with my left hand. That way, I can still open the door with my clean right hand, so dander/cooties won't get stuck to the doorknob and other items in the house that may upset Roomie's sensitive allergies. Plus I have to go use only my sink in the master bathroom.

One thing that bothers me just teeny bit is that everytime I play with them, like scratching their head or neck, they don't purr. It's my own understanding that cats really show they like or love you when they purr. I thought I heard a slight purr the other day, but still. Maybe it's because the only time I heard other cats purr is when they're indoors when purring isn't competing with outside world noises. At least these cats don't make pig noises like when a skunk and raccoon are fighting ;)

1 Comments:

At 6/24/2007 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because cats don't purr when you scratch/pet them doesn't mean they don't like you...if they let you, that's a big plus!! :)

I'm a bit perturbed by the fact that they have debris on their fur, however. A good pet owner would at least brush them once in a while!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home