Friday, January 05, 2007

mahalo, but no mahalao


This fourth trip to Hawaii made me realize a little more that Hawaii IS just a great place to visit. I don't think I could live here, or at least I don't see myself living here. My first visit, I was blown away by the laid back atmosphere and the sun and surf. Now I see past the tourist areas and don't feel like it's any more special.

Roomie and I did enjoy a great sunset by the beach. We were supposed to see the sun set from the top of Diamond Head, but we didn't quite make it even to the entrance due to tiredness from more walking and time running out. The sunset moments and an earlier swim with the fishies restored my love for Waikiki.





It's so much fun to vacation, ever!

**********

Yesterday, we ran into my cousin who apparently is staying at the same hotel we're staying in. I didn't even know she and her husband were coming here. Also, I found out a classmate also is staying at the same hotel! I knew he and a friend were coming here same time as us, but I didn't know anything else about their plans until they arrived. I wonder if I'll run into someone else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home