Wednesday, January 03, 2007

aloha

We're on our second day here in Honolulu. To celebrate the 10 years, Roomie and I headed for Hawaii now, since I'll be in the Philippines during the actual date of the anniversary.

Lots of boring details about the flight, except for the part where Roomie wanted to pick a fight with the ticket agent for some stupid reason. It was early in the morning, and hunger struck, I guess.

The flight was so smooth. Nice to be back in Hawaii. I missed it since the last time, in December 2002 for the Honolulu Marathon. Although Hotwire.com dissed us by booking us in a hotel so far away from the beach (a fifteen-minute walk), and then there was a cockroach that managed to get away, the 37th floor sorta made up for the inconvenience. We have a pretty good view!




And we're right across from the Ambassador Hotel, the first hotel we stayed at during our first trip here, way back in 1999! It's kinda like we've gone full circle...so what does it all mean?


We've done lots of walking already, albeit all within Waikiki. The tourists here are a trip. My left big toe is hurting like crazy from all the walking, I hope it's nothing serious. We swam with some fish today at one of the beaches. It's so much better to swim among beautiful and colorful tropical fish, rather than just looking at them through a glass. I saw this one fish that reminded me of a drag queen — it looked like it had major eye shadow mascara makeup. I should've bought an underwater camera, even cooler if it's digital ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home